Monday, October 24, 2011

Letters of Longing and Love

We had a service for Owen Thomas Saturday September 3rd.  It was an amazing service done by our Pastor, Hugo.  Someday I will be able to talk more about that day, but not today.  We were surrounded by family and friends full of love and support.  They were all there to honor the life of our precious son.  Sam and I each wrote letters to Owen, my sister beautifully read them for us.


Owen,

What can I tell you or teach you that you don’t already know?  As God holds you, you are more wise than me, your father.  While knowing that helps me heal, it also tears me up.  I have longed to hold you.  I did hold you.  I have longed to kiss you.  I did kiss you.  I have longed to watch you grow.  I have longed to teach you what it is to be a man.  I have longed to teach you so much that I will never get to.  God will be filling my roll now.  Please know that I will talk to you every day.   I will be right here.  If there ever comes a day I do not talk to you, know it is unintentional.  Know that you are my son and you are God’s son. Check in on me once in a while.  Make me smile.  Make me laugh.  Please make me enjoy life again.  Use God to do those things as he is at your fingertips.  I long to kiss you again.

Love, Dad

Owen,
From the moment we saw your tiny heart beat flutter, to the moment it was gone, you were our baby.

From the moment we felt your tiny feet kick, to the moment we held you in our arms, you were our baby.

From the moment God gave you angel wings, to the moment we kissed you goodbye, you were our baby.

Our baby is in heaven, but you’llalways be our baby boy.

Wrap your angel wings around mommy and daddy every day, we are hugging you back sweet boy.

We love to Heaven and back Owen Thomas, you will always have our hearts.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment